Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Soldier's Gift by Lynne St. James

     I thought this was an excellent book.  I've had it in my TBR list for quite a while and am sorry I didn't get to it sooner.  It's the story of Lt. Tom McDonald, an injured veteran left with a head injury and blindness, and Beth Frazier, owner of a bookstore and mother to a daughter who was injured in a car accident that claimed the life of her husband.  Tom received a cornea transplant in hopes that his vision will return.  He meets Beth at the hospital where he is telling stories to sick kids that are confined there.  This is the story of how their feelings grow and they help each other heal.  It's a really good story and told in a way that feels believable and right.  I think you will enjoy reading this one and hope you pick it up.  Don't wait as long as I did because in the end, it's a feel good book and we all need one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment